Mission San Diego A National Historic Landmark
California Historic Landmark #242

City of San Diego Historic Designation #113

 

First of the 21 missions and known as the Mother of the Missions, Mission San Diego de Alcala was founded on July 16, 1769 by Blessed Junipero Serra. It was designated as a Minor Basilica in 1976 by Pope Paul VI. The Mission today is an active Catholic Parish in the Diocese of San Diego.

 
Site Map     Contact Us via E-mail
Visitor Center Museum and Gift Shop Hours: Open 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. daily

Website Design by Jane McDowell
For technical problems with this site contact the webmaster

Website content including photographic and graphic images may not be redistributed for use on another website.